Trump appears headed back to Mar-a-Lago during crypto conference
A new FAA notice puts President Trump at his Mar-a-Lago home on the same day that a conference and gala supporting his meme coin will take place.
Kristina Webb- President Donald Trump is expected to return to his Mar-a-Lago home in Palm Beach from April 24-25, according to a new FAA notice.
- Mar-a-Lago on April 25 will host a cryptocurrency conference featuring a keynote speech by Trump.
- Democratic senators are scrutinizing Trump's role and potential profit from the event.
- The conference is exclusive to top holders of the $TRUMP meme coin, organizers said on the event website.
After several weeks away from his Palm Beach home, it appears President Donald Trump is set to return to the Mar-a-Lago Club.
His visit coincides with a major cryptocurrency gathering at the private Mar-a-Lago Club that is facing scrutiny from Democratic senators who questioned Trump's role in planning, promoting and, they say, profiting from the event.
The Federal Aviation Administration issued a notice on April 20 that presidential-level flight restrictions are expected in the airspace over Palm Beach from April 24-25. While the notice does not mention Trump by name, such notices are reliable indicators of presidential travel plans.
Trump most recently visited Palm Beach from March 27-29. He frequently travels home form Washington to spend weekends in Palm Beach during the social season, when the Mar-a-Lago Club is open to guests. The club traditionally closes after Mother's Day for the off-season.
Mar-a-Lago on April 25 is expected to be the site of an event billed by its organizers as "the most exclusive crypto and business conference in the world," with a gala luncheon that will include a keynote by Trump. Speakers at the conference are to include boxer Mike Tyson and best-selling author and motivational speaker Tony Robbins, who has a home in nearby Manalapan, according to the conference's website. The event also will feature leaders of digital asset management and investment firms, the website says.
The conference is open only to the top 297 holders of the meme coin $TRUMP, named in the president's honor, the website said. The 29 holders of the cryptocurrency coin will join Trump for a VIP reception during the event, organizers added.
Trump on April 6 posted an image to his Truth Social account that featured "Fight Fight Fight" and announced the gala and luncheon at Mar-a-Lago on April 25.

Democratic U.S. Senators Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts, Adam Schiff of California and Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut said in an April 9 news release that they requested information about Trump's role in the event from Fight Fight Fight LLC, the entity that issues the $TRUMP meme coin and is organizing the Mar-a-Lago conference.
"It is essential that Congress fully understand the extent to which President Trump and his family are profiting off of his cryptocurrency ventures," the senators said in the joint news release. "Congress must also take steps to prohibit and prevent these egregious conflicts of interest."
A similar event with top investors in the coin was held last year at Trump's golf club in Virginia. At that time, White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt defended Trump's attendance and said during a news conference that he is "abiding by all conflict-of-interest laws that are applicable to the president."
Trump and the creators of $TRUMP earn a transaction fee each time one of the meme coins is traded, Mother Jones reported. Forbes estimated last year that cryptocurrency earned Trump about $1 billion in the first half of 2025 and may be the most valuable item in the president's portfolio.
Forbes.com estimates the Trump's fortune at $6.4 billion. He is one of at least 66 billionaires who own homes ore have other strong residential ties to Palm Beach, according to a recent Palm Beach Daily News analysis of the Forbes list of the world's billionaires.
The coastal road next to Mar-a-Lago has remained closed to through-traffic since it was shut down indefinitely March 3. That's when the U.S. Secret Service ordered South Ocean Boulevard closed between the Southern Boulevard traffic circle and South Ocean Boulevard around the clock, including when Trump is not at Mar-a-Lago.
Before the latest road-closure policy was put into place, South Ocean typically closed at 5 a.m. on the day that Trump was expected to arrive in Palm Beach.
Should Trump travel to Palm Beach this coming weekend, it would mark his 26th visit to the island since taking office Jan. 20, 2025, for his second term as president.
Trump and first lady Melania Trump declared Mar-a-Lago their permanent residence in 2019.
Kristina Webb is a reporter for Palm Beach Daily News, part of the USA TODAY Florida Network. You can reach her at [email protected]. Subscribe today to support our journalism.