Vietnamese mud crab exportsoft-shell crab exportersoftshell crab exporterVietnam crab exporter
Sports newsletter Readers' Choice 🐐 Studio IX 🏀⚽️🥇 Best online casinos 🎰 🎲
NHL Playoffs

NHL takes draft pick away from Golden Knights over media policy violation

Portrait of Mike Brehm Mike Brehm
USA TODAY
May 15, 2026Updated May 16, 2026, 6:48 p.m. ET

The NHL came down hard on the Vegas Golden Knights for violating media policies after the team advanced to the Western Conference final.

Head coach John Tortorella didn't meet with the media after the series-clinching 5-1 win against the Anaheim Ducks on Thursday, May 14, and the dressing room wasn't opened to the media either, according to reporters.

The NHL said Friday it was taking a 2026 second-round pick away from the Golden Knights and was fining Tortorella $100,000. The league said the team had been warned before and that Vegas would be able to appeal the penalties. A hearing, if requested, would be held next week in New York.

The team said in a social media statement: "The Golden Knights are aware of today's announcement from the NHL regarding the postgame media availability following Game 6 in Anaheim. The organization will have no further comment."

Tortorella declined comment on the ruling when asked during a Saturday, May 16, news conference.

"We put out a statement as an organization," he said. "so we'll go by that. We'll have no more comment on that."

Featured Weekly Ad